Saturday, May 26, 2012

Cocktail Hour Blog Hop

Welcome to the Cocktail Hour Blog Hop hosted by Amy Freeland of Copper Diem.  Amy gave each of the participants a cocktail to use for inspiration.  The inspiration could come from the drink itself, the color, occasion, location or whatever other image the drink conjured in their mind.

My drink was Rum Punch.

http://recipes.caribseek.com/Barbados/images/barbadian-rum-punch.jpg

My favorite recipe for rum punch :

2 oz orange juice
2 oz pineapple juice
1 oz cranberry juice
1 oz Bicardi White rum
1 oz Malibu Coconut rum
1/2 oz Myers rum (on top)
Garnish with orange slice

I love the colors in this drink.  The name and the taste bring images of the beach, sunsets, friends, and fun.  I struggled with my piece, wanting to mimic the colors of the drink itself to no avail.  My piece is sitting here, staring at me waiting to be completed.  The ideas are in there, but the finished piece is not being translated - don't you hate when that happens?  So alas, I have nothing to show you right now.

I hope that you will check back tomorrow to see my finished creation... it may not even be jewelry - gasp, shock and surprise..  For now, keep hopping along to see what drinks and creations the other participants were able to come up with.


10 comments:

  1. have another rum punch, maybe then inspiration will come to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! That's what was missing - I should have had a drink before I started .. DOH!

      Delete
  2. I like Boot -C's idea, and yes I hate it when that happens. It's so frustrating when your head and hands can't talk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happens to me quite often actually. I have such great imagery in my head, but more often than not I can't get it out. I am definitely not giving up on this one though - I am determined :)

      Delete
  3. I agree with Boot C - another punch may help! I've had that happen to me too. Hope your muse comes back soon & I can't wait to see what you make. Thanks for hopping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting the hop! I haven't had much time to hop around yet, but can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with.

      Delete
  4. I've had that happen to me recently too, but you'll come up with something fabulous--I know it. Think about something other than trying to match the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Send me a rum punch. I haven't had a drink in a month and miss a beer. I do have some wine in the fridge so I will have a glass with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That drink sounds delish...please let us know when you do finish your creation!
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still want the drink though! LOL

    ReplyDelete