Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Glazed Over

As promised, here are a few pictures of my attempt to use DiamondGlaze to seal some old keys. I have a somewhat cluttered work area.. I may need to straighten that up ;)


I actually sealed 4 different keys.


I used a paint brush to apply the DiamondGlaze on the key.  This was the most effective way to do it.  Using the brush to apply it, kept me from having a lot of excess glaze on the key. 


To dry the keys, I simply slipped them onto a paintbrush and set that over a small reusable plastic container.  This way any drips are contained.  Since I chose to dry them while they are hanging, I had to go back 2-3 times to make sure that there wasn't any excess built up near the bottom of the keys.  On the plus side, I was able to glaze both sides of the key at once.  If there was any excess then I simply smoothed it out with the paintbrush.


The glaze isn't fully dried yet, but wanted to give you a little peak at what the glaze does to the key.  Since I chose to use the DiamondGlaze, the key has a somewhat glossy shine, but allowed the true color of the patina to remain in tact. 

More to come soon.  Much Love,
Shell

No comments:

Post a Comment