Monday, June 18, 2012

Special Day & Thoughts

Sunday - June 17th - two of my special guys were able to share a day of celebration.  Sunday was Father's Day and believe me when I tell you that my husband is the best, most wonderful father and husband there is - at least in my opinion.  But Sunday was also our youngest son's 9th birthday.


Here they are last summer spending time together in the pool.  

I love spending time with my boys.  These summer days are flying by so quickly.  I am making more of an attempt this year to spend more time with them.  I want to cherish these days.  Too soon they will be grown up (well kind of grown up) and living on their own.  One more of the five will be leaving this fall to start his college journey.  Of course there will be visits home but even though three will remain here we will feel the absence of his presence.  

I have found that time is simply slipping away from me.  Stray gray hairs are beginning to pop up on my head - so foreign and out of place - but left alone to stay.  I have started thinking about the things that I have accomplished, and those that I still wish to tackle.  I think about how I have spent my days - have I cherished them as I should? or have I simply moved from one day to the next marking time? 

My husband tells me that I am nearing a 'mid-life' crisis - I believe that he may be insinuating that I am getting older.  He may be right - I did just have a birthday - that's one more year closer to 35.  But I wonder why I feel like I am no longer experiencing life - living life - but rather just going through the steps from one day to the next.  

I need to pull myself out of this slump.  This feeling of not moving - stagnating.  So I have decided to do just that.  So there has been less time spent inside and more outside.  Less time engaged on electronic devices - more time just being with my boys.  I am behind on my blog, behind in reading the blogs that I follow, behind at Words with Friends.  But my time with my boys is more important to me right now.  I hope that you will all still be here for my sporadic postings. I will be in and out - catching up with the boys are busy doing other things.  

I hope that you all decide to spend a little bit more time with the ones that you love.  Soak up memories while they are there to be had.  Have fun and experience life and love.

Much Love 
Shell


1 comment: